Benchmark offers Imaging Smart Cameras from Matrox. Please click on the links for more details
To satisfy the industry's Matrox – world leaders in imaging products and systems – offers a range of programmable smart cameras. These combine the integration capabilities of conventional smart cameras with the flexibility of PC-based machine vision systems. Developers can create their applications using either an intuitive flowchart-based integrated development environment or a software development kit and run them directly on the smart cameras.
Matrox Imaging smart cameras offer a dust-proof, immersion-resistant and extremely rugged construction. A choice of image sensors, combined with an efficient Intel® Atom® embedded processor, allow our smart cameras to tackle a wide variety of machine vision applications. Users create applications for these smart cameras by way of an intuitive flowchart-based integrated development environment or a traditional software development kit.
- Matrox Iris GT with Matrox Design Assistant
Matrox Iris GT with Matrox Design Assistant
The Matrox Iris GT is a line of dust-proof, immersion-resistant and extremely rugged smart cameras equipped with the highly efficient embedded Intel® Atom™ processor. Applications for the Matrox Iris GT are developed without conventional programming using the Matrox Design Assistant integrated development environment, or the optional Matrox Imaging Library (MIL) programmer’s toolkit.
The Matrox Iris GT with Matrox Design Assistant smart camera line is intended for systems integrators, machine builders and OEMs who need to quickly configure and deploy machine vision applications.
Matrox Iris GT – Powerful, configurable smart cameras
Matrox Iris GT is a line of powerful smart cameras with Matrox Design Assistant 2.1, an intuitive, versatile and extendable integrated development environment (IDE). Manufacturing engineers and technicians can easily and quickly configure and deploy machine vision applications on a highly integrated platform without the need for conventional programming. Video capture, analysis, location, measurement, reading, verification, communication and I/O operations as well as a web-based operator interface are all set up within the single IDE.
- Simplify system integration by using a camera, processor and software development package from a single vendor with over 30 years of industry experience
- Reliably handle typical production rates by way of a powerful embedded Intel® architecture processor running Microsoft® Windows® CE real-time operating system
- Conveniently administer, control and monitor application and device through a web-based user interface
- Tackle different image resolution, size and speed requirements through a choice of monochrome CCD sensors
- Synchronize image capture and processing to the production process using the externally triggered electronic camera shutter
- Directly interface to other automation equipment through the integrated digital I/Os, Ethernet and serial ports
- Communicate over the factory-floor and enterprise networks by way of an Ethernet interface
- Sturdy, dust-proof and washable IP67-rated casing that can be used in a variety of applications
Matrox Design Assistant
Matrox Design Assistant is a flowchart-based, Windows program that integrates a development environment (IDE) for Matrox Iris GT smart cameras. In addition to building a flowchart, the IDE enables users to directly design a graphical operator interface to the application.
- Easily and quickly solve machine vision applications using a intuitive flowchart-based methodology
- Tackle machine vision applications with utmost confidence using field-proven tools for analyzing, locating, measuring, reading, and verifying
- Learn and use a single program for creating both the application logic and operator interface
- Maximize productivity by getting instant feedback on image analysis and processing operations
- Communicate actions and results to other automation and enterprise equipment through discrete I/Os, RS-232 and Ethernet (TCP/IP, EtherNet/IP™2 and MODBUS®)
- Maintain control and independence through the ability to create custom flowchart steps
- Matrox Iris GT for Matrox Imaging Library (MIL)
Matrox Iris GT for Matrox Imaging Library (MIL)
The Matrox Iris GT smart camera line is designed for systems integrators, machine builders and OEMs who need to deploy fully custom applications. Running either Microsoft® Windows® Embedded CE or Windows® XP Embedded, the Matrox Iris GT offers a PC-like environment for applications. Application development is done using standard Windows® development tools in conjunction with the Matrox Imaging Library (MIL), a software development kit with interactive software and programming functions for image capture, processing, analysis, annotation, display and archiving.
- efficient Intel® Atom® (Z530) embedded processor
- pre-installed with Microsoft® Windows® Embedded CE or XP Embedded (XPe)
- programmed using Microsoft® Visual Studio® and Matrox Imaging Library (MIL)
- VGA to 5 Mpixel monochrome or color CCD sensor
- opto-coupled trigger input and strobe output
- VGA output
- Gigabit Ethernet and USB connectivity
- 8 GPIOs and RS-232 serial port
- controlled current source for powering LED illuminators directly
- rugged construction with IP67-rated housing and M12 connectors