Matrox Imaging Library (MIL)
Benchmark brings you the following software and libraries for Imaging Processing, image analysis, machine vision, medical imaging and video analytics.
- Matrox Imaging Library (MIL)
Matrox Imaging Library (MIL)
Matrox Imaging Library (MIL) - a comprehensive collection of software tools for developing image analysis, machine vision, medical imaging and video analytics applications. The toolkit features interactive software and programming functions for image capture, processing, analysis, annotation, display and archiving. These tools are designed to enhance productivity, thereby reducing the time and effort required to bring your solution to market.
Application development toolkit for image analysis, machine vision, medical imaging and video analytics
Industrial imaging tools
The Matrox Imaging Library (MIL) is a comprehensive collection of software tools for developing industrial imaging applications. MIL includes tools for every step in the process: from application feasibility, to prototyping, through to development and ultimately deployment.
The toolkit features interactive software and programming functions for image capture, processing, analysis, annotation, display and archiving. These tools are designed to enhance productivity, thereby reducing the time and effort required to bring your solution to market.
Image capture, processing and analysis operations have the accuracy and robustness needed to tackle the most demanding applications. These operations are also carefully optimized for speed to address the severe time constraints encountered in many applications.
Central to MIL are tools for calibrating, enhancing and transforming images, locating objects, extracting and measuring features, reading character strings, and decoding and verifying identification marks. These tools are carefully developed to provide outstanding performance and reliability, and can be used within a single computer system or distributed across several computer systems.
NB: Each of the links below will open in a new window.
- Pattern recognition
- Feature extraction and analysis
- 1D and 2D measurements
- Color analysis
- Character recognition
- 1D and 2D code reading and verification
- 2D calibration
- 3D calibration and reconstruction
- Image processing primitives
- Fully optimized for speed
- Distributed MIL
MIL comes with a set of interactive tools to help assess application feasibility and create a prototype. These interactive tools also further enhance the productivity of application developers.
- Solve applications rather than develop underlying tools by leveraging a toolkit with a 15 year history of reliable performance
- Tackle applications with utmost confidence using field-proven tools for analyzing, locating, measuring, reading, and verifying
- Harness the full power of today’s hardware through optimizations exploiting SIMD, multi-core CPU1, multi-CPU1, GPU2 and FPGA technologies
- Easily support platforms ranging from smart cameras to HPC clusters via a single consistent and intuitive API
- Obtain live images from the interface of choice through support for analog, Camera Link®, GigE Vision, USB 3.0 Vision, IEEE 1394 IIDC2, RS-422/LVDS and SDI transmission formats
- Maintain flexibility and choice by way of 32-bit and 64-bit Windows®, and Linux support
- Make the best use of available programming know-how with support for C, C++, C# and Visual Basic® languages
- Further increase productivity and reduce development costs by receiving training and assistance from our team of imaging experts
- Matrox Inspector
Bundled with MIL is Matrox Inspector, an integrated imaging environment for 32-bit Windows®. Matrox Inspector provides an easy-to-use interface with point-and-click access to MIL image capture, processing, analysis, and archiving operations.
In addition to displaying images, Matrox Inspector presents processing and analysis results as tables and/or graphs, including trend and distribution, which are useful for tuning operation settings. Results can be shared with other Windows® applications, such as Microsoft® Excel®, for further analysis and reporting. The application also gives users with the ability to benchmark operations for accuracy and repeatability. In addition to making annotations, users can draw into images to perform measurements as well as touch-up and manually segment images. Matrox Inspector works with individual images or timed sequences of images stored in MIL-supported formats as well as DICOM.
Matrox Inspector also incorporates a rich scripting environment. MIL developers can record a sequence of manual operations in a script and easily apply it to a series of images. Scripts can be created in Microsoft® Visual Basic® for Applications (VBA) or ‘C’-like programming languages. Users can troubleshoot scripts using an integrated debugger.
Additional processing and analysis utilities
MIL includes a collection of interactive Windows®-based utilities for each key image processing and analysis tool. Intended for configuration and experimentation, each tool supports live image capture and processing as well as file I/O for individual or sequences of images. Tooltips over dialog controls provide a convenient cross-reference to actual MIL function calls.
- Matrox Intellicam
MIL features the Matrox Intellicam image capture and frame grabber configuration utility. This Windows®-based program lets users interactively configure Matrox image capture hardware for a variety of image sources or simply try one of the numerous ready-made interfaces available from Matrox Imaging.
Complete application development environment
In addition to image processing, analysis and archiving tools, MIL includes image capture, annotation and display functions, which form a cohesive API. The API and accompanying utilities are recognized, by the large installed base of users, as helping to facilitate and accelerate application development.
- Portable API
- Simplified platform management
- Designed for multi-tasking
- Wide range of supported data formats
- Flexible and dependable image capture
- Supports saving and loading images
- Simplified image display
- Image annotation
- Application deployment
- .NET development
Matrox Design Assistant (DA)
Matrox Design Assistant (DA) - a an intuitive, versatile and extendable integrated development environment (IDE).Manufacturing engineers and technicians can easily and quickly configure and deploy machine vision applications on a highly integrated platform without the need for conventional programming.
- Matrox Design Assistant (DA)
Matrox Design Assistant (DA)
Matrox Design Assistant (DA) - a an intuitive, versatile and extendable integrated development environment (IDE). Manufacturing engineers and technicians can easily and quickly configure and deploy machine vision applications on a highly integrated platform without the need for conventional programming. Video capture, analysis, location, measurement, reading, verification, communication and I/O operations as wellas a web-based operator interface are all set up within the single IDE.
- Matrox Design Assistant
Matrox Design Assistant
Matrox Design Assistant is a flowchart-based, Windows program that integrates a development environment (IDE) for Matrox Iris GT smart cameras. In addition to building a flowchart, the IDE enables users to directly design a graphical operator interface to the application.
- Easily and quickly solve machine vision applications using a intuitive flowchart-based methodology
- Tackle machine vision applications with utmost confidence using field-proven tools for analyzing, locating, measuring, reading, and verifying
- Learn and use a single program for creating both the application logic and operator interface
- Maximize productivity by getting instant feedback on image analysis and processing operations
- Communicate actions and results to other automation and enterprise equipment through discrete I/Os, RS-232 and Ethernet (TCP/IP, EtherNet/IP™2 and MODBUS®)
- Maintain control and independence through the ability to create custom flowchart steps
The Matrox Iris GT is a line of dust-proof, immersion-resistant and extremely rugged smart cameras equipped with the highly efficient embedded Intel® Atom™ processor. Applications for the Matrox Iris GT are developed without conventional programming using the Matrox Design Assistant integrated development environment, or the optional Matrox Imaging Library (MIL) programmer’s toolkit.
The Matrox Iris GT with Matrox Design Assistant smart camera line is intended for systems integrators, machine builders and OEMs who need to quickly configure and deploy machine vision applications.